The Writers at io9.com have been running through a fantastic series of blog posts, in which they're teaching their readers about the history of great 80s sci-fi and fantasy. Because so much of this is right up my alley, I though I'd aggregate their aggregations, so to speak, and write a little retrospective of my own.
For those who were born after 1983 (i.e., young children) it's important to understand the genre my generation grew up in. That's the purpose of Totally Radical, which is a retrospective of the essentials of '80s science fiction.
The next title is oddly specific: The 10 Greatest Paranormal Teen Comedies of the 80s, like Teen Wolf and Real Genius. And if you haven't seen My Science Project yet, here's a taste of the genius:
Another unique article took a look back at some of the most memorable soundtracks in the genre. Aside from the usual suspects like Ghostbusters and Weird Science. But honestly, who could forget Howard the Duck?
The rest of the list is here. I especially recommend "The 1980s were when science fiction franchises got big."
If you've got great articles to share, please do! I'll make sure everyone gets a chance to see what you post.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades